It took him two weeks (8 days) to complete his first draft. After that, he filled out a chart answering the following questions about the main and secondary characters:
- Name – including nicknames
- Appearance – how did he image they looked, how did he show that in the book
- Character Traits and abilities – what was included as the book currently stood and how where those shown
- Consider to Add – more details or supporting evidence for that character
- Background Information – even if those details are not included, the characters’ back stories influence who they are in the book
We are all in shock at his sudden enthusiasm for writing. He simply replied that we never bothered to ask him to write science fiction.